Monday, October 01, 2007

When we were young we hit like hammers

What is it that breaks me in two?
It doesn't take much honey, not much at all

There are further away places than this, I'm sure
That I could run to and never be found
Hide my face beneath layers of sackcloth
And ashes

Cold tea tonight, read the leaves, reflected back
In a green starry sky
I'm so happy outside, so happy outside
You wouldn't believe the forgotten life inside

Deeper beneath the surface
You sink into murky
I'm not talking about myself anymore
I don't think
You know how it looks, though,
When the surface is rippling light above
And you're a drifting article below
Falling, as your fingers reach
How deep that echo when you hit that ground
Goodnight goodnight
I've found my hollow

And breathe
And breathe and breathe
Keep reminding yourself
I want it to hurt God
Every inhale and exhale
Break me til I'm free
Ruin me when I breathe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home