Sunday, September 30, 2007

Writing in the Sand

I am that woman
An adulteress, and ashamed
Throw me in the ground by my hair, in the dirt
Look upon me like I'm naked
Dirty and deprived
Pick your stones
Lift them high
I am not worth being alive

And yet the air remains still
Nothing rushing to break my skull
I am stil sitting here mixing sand with tears
He is still sitting there
Speaking whispers that none hear
What are you doing?
I want to scream at him
You fool!
Don't you see who I am and what I do?
This has been my life
Yes, it's empty and cold
But I am dirt, don't you see that?
Dirt and nothing else

And then you break me
The inner kind
Look around, it's vacant there
Where do I go from here?
Sin no more
Who are you?
Is that a letter of love you've written on the floor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home