Monday, September 24, 2007

This is where I'm at

I can't make it on my own
Living like I'm on a downward slope
Never making it any closer to goodness
I don't know who I am anymore
I don't know if what I do is real
Sometimes I tempt the thought of quitting
Quitting you
But I can't get over the understanding of your realness
You've got a firm grasp on my soul
Still, I feel like I'm always dangling closer to the dark abyss
You've promised me a life better than if it weren't with you
So when do I see it?
Am I just blind to what I already have?
Am I supposed to feel like I'm always further from where I should be?
Is that some sort of inscentive?
I'm trying to strip away all the lies
And I'm raw inside
I feel more unstable and unsure than ever before
Let loose in this torrential world
Like a kite in a storm
I know you're down there, holding onto the string
Could you pull me in soon?
I want to feel safe and loved
I just need to feel close to you
Not this distance I've been feeling for years
Drop me into a pit
Break me, if that's what it'll take
I'm pushing my limits because I hope that'll lead to a dilemma
With the only solution being nearer to you
I have no idea where to go
I need to feel you holding my hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home