Monday, September 24, 2007

what...

Something breaking inside of my chest

That's cliche

I wonder what's in there
Inside of my chest

Sometimes, when examined
I find it quite hollow
Sometimes deeply bruised, wounded through and through
Often full, pulsing with life
The veins coursing red and thick and alive
Sometimes there is a bouquet
The scent of love

This is all so redundant
I'm trying to tell the truth

Something is breaking inside of my chest
I can hear the echo
From side to side


Here:

I'm a girl
Reflective eyes
Lantern smile
Lit inside
I fall short
All the time
But I strive
Oh I strive
I feel raw in my soul
I need depth to everything
Impassioned, and contagious
Delirious and outrageous
I will cry
Shout
Dance
Sigh

I feel something breaking inside

Leaves..tea...pretty things....

God...almighty power...the universe and all its beings

I'm a pinprick in eternity
I'd like to spend eternity with you

What am I now? What have I become?
I'm scraping for words off the bottoms of shoes
Are you in me? Am I living?
Am I realizing the worth?
Is this raw reality and deep imagery
Simply the reflections of all you have for me?

I don't know who I am
Am I living at all?
Where are you? Am I cut lose
I need you
You know that

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Josh said...

I thought I'd read one your blogs before going to bed and I'm very glad I did. Thank You for your words Alex.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home