Monday, December 07, 2009

Talking About The Ocean Some More

I just looked out a window (the plaster cracked, filled with dust mites and beetle shaped mould) and saw the ocean, but it didn't have a beginning or an end. The sky was falling on it in a misty veil that sunk listlessly into the sullen grey shallows.

Earlier, I was sitting in a gas station spending a hundred bucks a minute calling across the world. My heart tends to weaken in the most inopportune places, so I sat at an unbalanced aluminum table wiping my eyes with cheap napkins. The guard kept looking at me with his shot gun slung across his shoulder, and amidst the scars I couldn't help but think "I hope my silvery eyes and broken disposition at least add a bit of helpless beauty." Not like those unfortunate ones who get sloppy and red faced and have to worry about their nose and old make up. All I have are the precious little tears that God collects in ivory bowls.

This morning I began watching a movie that wants to believe in Love.
A few minutes ago a marching band just passed on the street, playing a kicked up drum version of jingle bells.
Sunday I waved at a man I wasn't sure how I knew.
At this moment I'm holding a yoke on my back and a burden in my heart, and I'm looking out windows for some quiet waters to lay down beside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home