Monday, November 23, 2009

Hi Middle of Night

I've woken up
It's not long after I've fallen asleep
Though it feels like hours, a complete set
Again, I did this last night

My arm is asleep, my feet are freezing in the air but my neck is hot beneath the blanket
Somehow my body has lost it's ability to self-adjust
My brain too
It feels guilty, like I went to bed foolish
I think back
I was reading a novel, so anything foolish that happened was done by the characters
My imagination forgets to make that jump

I think it must be waking time
Time to talk to you
I rethink this (a feat), remembering my daily exhaustion
Just turn yourself back off
Not so, I let the computer screen do it's work, tiring my eyes and hurting my head
And if I remember, I ask if there's a reason I'm here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home