Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yes!

This morning was dripping again
I bundled up in layers and wrappings of fabric
And my feet sunk and squelched in the rocky gravel
I was hiding my face behind a silver scarf
And trying to keep my eyes dull

Shortly after I sat down on the jeep
A boy, maybe thirteen or fourteen
Looked out the open back entry and proclaimed a sure, affirmative
"Yes!"
He then smiled around and the other passengers scattered on the benches
With a secret smile on his mouth, whether he knew them or not
And leapt off the back, quickly boarding another jeep heading the opposite direction

My heart, in that moment, held on to the triumph
Raised with the certainty in his voice
The assurance of his simple declaration
The clouds are not a fortress
The sunshine is there, it's still beaming

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home