Thursday, November 19, 2009

Today

The rain hangs in humidity
I think it's a perfect day for it to be grey, you know, one that adds to the melancholy of all or anything I may be thinking
But it bears a heavy hand

I look out from under the tricicad covering, where I sit with legs slanted and hand loosely wrapped around the stabilizing bar
There is a flat panel of palms in front of me, a mountain in fact, but all the same colour green. They layer and layer and lighten up the air a bit before turning into the muted and wet sky

I've been trying to think of a few different things
The first was what I could see. How can I explain the bountiful nature of this wanting environment, availing to the same exaggerated numbers seems a bit redundant
There are at least one hundred tricicads in Bugo alone, nearly one hundred water containers in the back of that truck, one hundred children running with one hundred old tires, and one hundred boys who've asked for my number.

The cicad hits a larger bump than normal and I fear for a moment I'm going to fall out. The bump jolts my chest and I forget my exaggerations.
How do I get thinking about these things? I was like this in Calgary, I almost started a 'Transit journal'. Aren't there more important things to consider or am I just trying to ignore?
It's because I'm dreamy...all up in the clouds. If I can imagine the description I'll never come down
Plus, the more romantic things are sending me to the edge, I mean I'm not even rational
So why not consider the most rational things

The man with the sharp hip bone
The girls in their matching beige uniforms
The boy who sells roast nuts in his bicycle cart no longer has the roaster, but a woman by his side
There is another boy who is missing a leg, but has gained a crutch
A grey haired woman, whose face droops down in folds, is walking in her garden: rows and rows of small bonsai.
Repeat, repeat, repeat
The bakery is warm
The sarisari store is empty
The man on the phone
The woman with the umbrella
The boy with the headband
The girl with missing teeth
Repeat.

I think I'm calmer now. I've got it all out. Like why weren't we disconnected? We're free obviously. Why weren't we forgotten? We really meant it. How can he still love me? He's more than time and space, He's infinity. All my exaggerations hold nothing to that flame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home