Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wow! Friends!

I think, for perhaps the first time ever, my heart and brain are in perfect agreement.
In fact, they're even dialoguing,
Keeping a list of checks and balances.
They let each other know when the other is going out and always keep curfew

My brain has always been the elder
Snobby and self-righteous
Doubtful and over-ruling
Always trusting in her own powers, but coming up discontent and unsatisfied

The heart was the little sister
Whimsical and grand
Desperately trying to convey she had something more to offer
But when stifled by her sister's rules she rebelled
And foolishly trapsed around the country side, slamming doors and climbing through windows
Ending up lonely and embarrassed

So you can imagine my surprise
To see them sitting side by side
Talking about the things often pondered their heart and mind

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're a world away...

Part of me is thankful for the internet, so that people can stay connected even over incredibly vast distances. I think it's neat that we can talk in an instant from around the globe.
But part of me wishes for a more romantic time, when letters were sent across oceans and you poured everything into them so that the other person could feel you through the pages...

Your thoughts?

Miss you. Tonight I miss a lot of people from Calgary, it's weird, it comes in waves. Tonight's just a big peak.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home