Monday, December 07, 2009

The Bad Side of Beautiful

My chest is burning
Yelling, "How dare you...how DARE you!?"
I'm only a child

Not long ago there was a visitor, he wasn't vagrant, wasn't alone. He had a house and a car and a wife and a god. Yet he knocked on the neighbour's doors. Asking to visit. Asking if they'd like to share brunch. Harmless, they've told me. Simply exchanging pleasantries, as friends. But I wonder if they ever looked into his eyes, looked into his heart. He could have wanted more. He could have been looking for a way out...house, car, wife, god. A bed for the night. A woman in another life.

I never want to meet this man, he frightens my soul. Not understanding his travels, I turn into a ignorant child. If he stands on my front yard, I've promised not to talk to strangers. Last time I may have trusted the niceties. This time I've developed some sortof paranoia. I'm ready to scream for help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home