Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Ho (Hum) Ho Ho

I can just imagine what it would be like
My boots wet with powder, threatening to crawl in beside my ankle
And it crunches like crackers and squeaks like window shields
I can imagine not seeing or feeling a thing
And warming up with blankets and safe bodies
Hands wrapped around fingers
Fingers wrapped around faces
I can see the magical land of white frosted branches
The clumsy balance of our ice dances
I could watch this all with three quilts and three pairs of socks and a fireplace
With gingerbread and cinnamon and apples and pecans
With steamy drinks three times a day
Oh my

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM , Blogger floundering applebomber said...

OHMYGOSH what splendid timing you wrote this. you are not a nay-sayer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home