Monday, November 30, 2009

Stuck in the Middle

There may not be a thing to fear, but could she have wrapped your heart around her? I know that's a silly thing to think, I'm still afraid of going under. If we understood the fragility of our lives maybe there wouldn't be so much hope. It's not about the standings, I get all that. It's about wherever I'm not. That exists somewhere else, one where I wonder how exactly I survive, considering all that I'm lacking. One filled with perfect conversational skills, very blonde women, and empty of clumsiness of any sort. One where I don't run into everything that has a corner. Those may seem mundane but they can flood enough to cause panic. Pretty soon it'll cover the lights! I suppose there will come a day when it's all this and that. Concrete and matter of fact. Soloman's girlfriend told the people to calm down and not mix up the heart before it's ready for mixing. So I'm trying to take the cue, beloved one. Trying to think like you, miss vain and no complaints, miss "I am a rose", miss 'eyes like doves'. Like her, I could have wrapped your heart around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home