Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tune My Heart To Sing Your Praise

Sometimes I go into these things without any plan or direction, just the reflex of knowing I need to write. There's something in me and it's crawling its way out...if not through my fingertips then through groaning or rambling or tears. This is my heart's conduit, my love language, my nature. It no longer is a matter of considering my phrasing or word combination, it is simply how I think. Every contemplation is a poem to the world, every cry and combustion is a psalm to God. The outpouring of my spirit's joy reigns through my wording.


So I ask you
What is it that I'm saying now?

A compilation of every other second in the day.


In Today's Notes


Oh my God my God, where have you put me?
With a burden that breaks my fragile shoulders and porcelain back?
"No, lay your burdens on me, there is nothing I give you that is too much"

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens.
Selah"
Psalm 68:19


I will lift these heavy eyes to the heavens
I will shout out in praise
What is praise amidst pain? I have to find out
Amidst distress and discomfort
Confusion and fear
What is praise then?
I will shout out and find out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home