Friday, October 05, 2007

I Need Your Love

I'm catching glimpses of goodness and truth
Oh how my heart yearns
Like eyes in the shadow,
With flickerings of light a glory is unveiled

Oh compassion, be good to me
Pour and flood me

Holy Spirit come
Fill my stomach and chest and mind and limbs
Fill every part of me

I praise I praise I praise
Singing and shouting and dancing and clapping
I can't make it clear enough
I can't make it big enough
How much praise you deserve

Break the dam God, break the dam
I want to wheep til I'm shaking
And laugh til I'm wheeping
I can't do it in disaster
I can't do it on my own
I don't want to forever be stuck in confusion and depression
Oh fill me
I can't even say those words
You
I will say your name

I'm tired from your filling
You have given me so much
The energy is drained from trying to comprehend it
From using my whole being to give something back

God oh God oh God
You are and because you are
You will and always will be
Compassion and grace
Omnipotent, omniscent, omnipresent
Father, Son, Holy Spirit
You with me





You with me

Let that sink in somehow.

You with me

Repeat repeat repeat repeat

You with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home