Monday, March 15, 2010

This Isn't Poetic, Nor Is It Just

When I first moved to Owen Sound, Ontario, we lived in a duplex in town, in the transition between arrival and finding out beautiful country house which we lived in for the next 6 years.
Across the street was an empty stretch of land where no duplex's had been built, and there I played in the mud and built forts out of leftover pieces of wood and cardboard.
Occasionally, the girl who lived behind me (named Jenn) and a boy from a block away (whose name, to this day, I do not know) would play with me, imagining we were builders or bandits or strangers lost in a barren wasteland. I think occasionally this boy was mean to us, but it was two to one, so we were generally safe.
One tragic day, I seemed to be caught off guard or unprotected, and this boy managed to grab my shoulders and kiss me forcefully on the cheek. The only feeling I get when I think about this moment is that I felt I had dirt all over my cheek as a result.
I ran home in tears, and cried and yelled in fury that this boy would do such a thing. I demanded my father go to his house and tell his parents, so that he could get the punishment he deserved. But justice was never served on that day.


1 Comments:

At 4:59 AM , Blogger mike said...

Fantastic post you have created here! The internet is overflowing of bad writing and I was grabbed by your lucidity. Your decisions are true and I will directly subscribe to your rss feed to remain up to date with your up following posts. Thank you! velvet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home