Monday, October 29, 2007

Sick of Body and Heart

I feel sickness seeping in
Not just a quick demolition of the trachea, cheek bones, back of skull, and Eustachian tubes,
But the terrific weariness
The sinking ache of the muscles, the rubbing of the joints
The falling of the eyes and waning of any sort of contemplation
This feels like deterioration, like I could hold completely still and still fall apart
I'd like to say I hate being sick, but I can barely muster up that fierce of an emotion


Meanwhile


My dear friend
My sweet and precious companion
My heart is breaking with yours
I pray you calm and strength
Can you find Him?
The Lord Here
Can you feel it?
His transcendent peace?
Please be searching for Him here, of all places

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home