Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Con Radiohead..yea!

I want to tell you a story
Of a magical world
Where everyone is desperately fallible
Hopelessly weak, their hearts open like wounds
Rain falls daily
And they welcome it with open arms
I want to take you to a place
Where their backs are bent with the workload
Their eyes wrinkled, skin leathered by the sun
Dirt in their fingers

Holy dirt, there is Holy dirt in their fingers

I want to whisk you away
Stand you in the footsteps of the poor and forgotten
Open your ears to their laughter
Oh Lord, if you could hear their laughter it would bring tears to your eyes

And then, in this magical land,
When you're pushed back in your place
Like a rock against your chest, against the back of your seat
You can't help but choose between who you are inside
A heap of sobbing and prayers for the ground beneath their feet
Or an empty vagrant, wandering this earth

I'm an empty vagrant right now. Mindless and lacking drive. Oh God where is my drive? My passion isn't real, it's merely lust for what's beyond. Oh God where are my tears? My eyes are black holes God, my eyes are black holes.

I want to take you to an empire
A temple, a field
I want to stand you in the downpour
Let you feel the hot sand whip around your face

This is LIFE wakeup wakeup wakeup WAKEUP

I want to let you face them
Stare into their eyes
They'll take your breath away

I want your breath to be taken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home