Wednesday, October 24, 2007

OS

Have you ever just reveled in your memories of the past?
Dear places that you indulge in with every sense and feeling in your body, just to recall the entirety of what made it so precious to you.

I go back to the town and I feel it as green. Like the green is in the air. The humidity soaks through the leaves and the trees, carrying their essence to your face and nose. And everything around me is shining green too. Waving in the sky, dancing in the light. Then there's the breeze, I always find a breeze. In the sun or the grey it's always upon my face and chest, like a surprising awakening, a cool treat. And voices are always carried upon the breeze. No matter where I am there's a call or a shout. I wonder if this is inspired by my age of memory implantation. There are roads but never street signs. There is always gravel between my soles and the pavement. We're always walking, always walking somewhere. Or if we're not, the window's open. There are some neon hallways and dim staircases, but these are few, we're mostly outside.
I can distinctly remember when I stopped running away. One day when I was angry I knew there had to be a better way so I walked and just kept walking. Walking is better than running away. Into a corner of faded gray, I found an old cemetary and explored the ages. The mossy epitaphs told me you were so young..how could you be so young? Your mother loved you, she did. River sparkling, gravel pathways. Walked back home, not angry anymore.
So I always try to go back, but like they say the memories fonder. Everyones older and crumbling, smelling of their favorite drug. I wish I could revive them. Make them interesting like they are in my dreams. You could fit in with this town you could...but I guess you belong right where you are. A faint and fading memory, all about the past. That's why the outsides stronger, it's the only thing that'll last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home