Thursday, October 25, 2007

From My Father

My daughter, let's not dance, let's not dally by the way
This life is short daughter, come run, I see a fight
Take my hand daughter, not for tentively holding
But that you may quicken your pace, can you keep up?
Feel the wind now, no time for flowers, we must race on!
This is it my daughter, a challenge you must take
Here it is, we battle on, do you feel invigorated now?
Impassioned with this hard work, here I am lifting too

See that mountain? We must climb it!
Feel the burning in your lungs. Yes daughter! This is it
Climb higher and higher! See we're closer to the sun!
Through rocks and trees and crumbling canyons
To the peak we will make it, to the peak!

Here, breathe.
See this beauty?
Much more worth it after that climb.
Your eyes are brighter and your head is clear.
See this daughter? This was all for you...



My daughter is not a princess nor a lady in wait
I do not treat her with romance and letters of longing
No, I am always pulling her forward
Her heart is set on adventure, and in adventure she finds my heart
She has her sword at her hilt and determination upon her face
My daughter is ready for the battle I send her to
If you want, go with her, stand at her side
Guard her back and move forward
She will run, so keep up! Or make her run faster!
My daughter is a warrior, a queen at the front line

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home