Wednesday, July 05, 2006

So I Lift My Voice...

As for being remembered, or long lasting
I'm nothing of the sort
I'm a moment, a breath, and I'm gone
But when I take a moment
To look to you
To spend time, immerse, and listen
Time is still
The wind blows softly, a messenger of your peace
I am looking upon eternity
A lifetime of sweet surrender and joy
This is my God
This is my father and greatest love
This is my presence of truth and calm
How did I get this?
A young girl like me?
How could I deserve to escape with you
To give you all my troubles and worries
And have you trade them for love
How do I get to take walks with you
Have coffee with you
Tell you my dreams and listen to your whispers
And for this, you died
How am I so blessed

Your beautiful artistry is my inspiration and exhilaration
Your strength so powerful it's to you I turn
And only by you will I survive
Even when I get so caught up in my life
So selfishly wrapped up in my business and stress
God I see you patiently waiting
I feel so foolish because I know you are all I need to keep me calm
To take away my anxiety and fears
God your blessings are overwhelming!
That you would show me your words
Whisper softly to my heart
You relieve my longings and answer my questions
I continue to learn
And will forever learn
You are so exciting and immense!
So deep and mysterious
My words fall short but I try my best
I love you!

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM , Blogger Josh said...

This poem is so passionate and beautiful...very well written...props to alex

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home