Monday, July 03, 2006

A Small Explaination (Afterthought: Not So Small)

Why, how, and for whom I write:

First and most importantly, I write because God has given me a gift and a passion for writing.
It is how I express my feelings and thoughts, how I capture experiances and moments, how I tell stories, and how I try to show and relate the beauty that I see and feel around me.

I absolutely love to write, so I do it as often as I can. I usually write when I am talking to God because it is the way I have found I am most able to express how I feel and say what I want to say the best I can in these small human terms. I write when I feel emotional, whether happy, sad, meloncholy, confused, content, frustrated, whatever. I write when it's sunny outside, or when it's rainy, or grey, or snowy. I write about people I see. One of my favorite ways to write is imagining person or personality(who isn't real) and creating a story about them or how they feel. I write when I feel like singing or when I have something I like on the piano.

I write about family and my immence love for them. I write to God when I am so content with his blessings, or when I am crying out of hurt and confusion. I write about my friends and my care and musings about them. I write about myself and what I think of myself. And yes, I'm a real live 17 year old girl, I write about boys. When I like them, when I'm curious about them, when they bother me or hurt me. It's all there. To tell you the truth, the emotion I have the hardest time writing about is love, regarding anyone, because it's so huge and I never seem to have words good enough for it. Maybe someday.

I also highly enjoy reading other people's writings. From famous musicians to my own friends...it is so inspiring, I love when other people write.

I started blogging because I remember hearing somewhere that writing was like any other skill that took practise and the more you did it the better you got, so I decided I would practise. At first I gave myself a goal to write one thing a day...now I usually write a couple things every day just because I want to. Having everything on a blog gives me a chance to look back and revamp old writings, as well as see what was going on in my life at that time because this is basically a creatively written journal. It also gets my writings out there into the big scary internet, and I get the chance to have my writing critiqued by others.

So that is about myself and writing. This is now my 6th month of blogging and approximately my fourth year of writing. I am more passionate about it than ever and I hope that I will continue to grow in it. I encourage everyone to write because it is a very beautiful and I think native way of expressing things. And by native I mean it is subconciously familiar to us even if we don't know it.

Fin

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM , Blogger Josh said...

hey alex
its cool to hear why other people chose to write....it seems you got something write through practicing because your writings are very good and interesting to read....keep up the good work
God bless,
josh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home