Saturday, July 01, 2006

Desolation

You took me from my native land
What am I now but a rock in your hand
As you stand ready to hurl me
At your coming Goliath

You took me from the earth I love
And consecrated me in the sky
How sacred am I with a crown on my head
But no mystery inside

You took me from my mothers womb
And made her stomach bare
You made her a widow, a prostitute, a begger
Now you have stolen her child

You took me from my fearsome ocean
From it's unmatched surf and wonderous tide
Now my tongue tastes sand and the smell of burnt grass
And my skin is parched and broken

You took me from my own body
Tossed off like the ashes of the dead
My spirit you sold for a thousand gold pieces
And my heart for a magic trick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home