Monday, July 10, 2006

An After Thought Thought

I walk with you
Like I'm walking in rapids
They toss and spin
And I'm so dizzy
So up and down
I've called you a drug
And that's certainly what you are
I should stay away
But you're addicting
Especially when you get stronger
And it's not just me looking for you
No, you're finding me now
And it's driving me crazy
You know how many times I've made sure you were gone
Out of site out of mind
But now it's not just my fault
And you're the worst thing for me
In every single way
But after all we've been through
How do I say no?
You're so frustrating
You always have been, why am I surprised
But why now, when I gave you up
You throw me for a tailspin
But I guess that's just you


Part 5. There are way too many continuations to this.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM , Blogger Lilium Inter Spinius said...

Dude! This is a wicked aswesome poem, it really speaks of the nature of sin, or at least that's what I got, like Paul when he wrote "These things I do yet, I hate what I do and I dont do what I love" This peom is really diverse becuase it speaks differently to each one of us. Love it.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Trent Reznor penned an amazing industrial rock tune in the mid-late 90s called Perfect Drug. Good song, amazing music video as well. Reminded me of that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home