Friday, January 15, 2010

Walking Home, Friday, Rain

Wet pavement with silver lead poured into symmetrical cracks
Filled in spots with patted dirt, mud, and dead leaves
That lay alone and plastered
And a lone weed which shoots alight and outwards
With lamplit green enthusiasm
It holds the mirrors for the sky obstructed by light
My feet are not joking in their intentional walk across this road
The way I turn my head and wrap my self close is meant for the picture
Meant for the film
If you were watching you would feel my soul
The way it drips from the tips of my hair and careens to the black puddles below
Like passion does, like fury
If you were beside me you'd feel helpless
But in your heart you'd know, the only way to keep me
With my emotion still in tact within my body
Was to hold me very dearly
Like it was all my life and yours
Your breaths and shivering exhales would cover my cheek and neck
And you would pour your eyes into mine
Like my life depended on it
Like your life depended on mine
I can't convey enough, with my hips or my coughs, how in demand I am
In more ways than one, if only you could watch me now
Fearless of traffic, refusing to look into those blinding lights
As they capture water pelts before the disappear into their final descent
Where concrete envelopes them darkly into his warm bleakness

If you could hear me now
You'd hear me crying for your embrace
The fit, darling
In this weather, I can hardly bare it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home