Tuesday, December 02, 2008

This young girl's dream about love

Set afloat on a rainy afternoon
I set out looking for the man
Who walked the streets with his prizes in hand
His dying bird feathers and washed up sand

With one step to the side I caught his eye
He said "I know you keep all the keys
To the magical places nobody knows of"

In that moment we stopped
I felt the sidewalk crumble below us
And all the pennys nobody picks up
Well they were falling beside us
I think you're wonderful
I kind of like this world
I want to be someone
I am just a girl

Hidden under cloaks and a woolen mane
His skin hangs
I wonder if I'm the same
Am I old or have my bones just shrunk?

Vacant eyes are diamonds that reflect the skies
Where some go searching to find truth in his life
Is it futility?
Or a lovely simplicity?

ChChChorus
You think I'm wonderful
You built this world
You are nobodies someone
You are just a boy

Walked about on a Sunday morning
Looking for the woman who will capture my world
She's got stars in her eyes and roses in her ears

With one step to the side she got my eye
I said "I know you're the one
Who loves all those ones nobody thinks of"




PS: An exerpt from the story of the "Street Walking Man" (November 2006), but more hope filled.

PPS: I have revised it because I started writing a song on like 2 years ago and decided to finish it because I quite like it.

PPPS: I really like the story of this...how it's developed after these couple years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home