Monday, July 07, 2008

Rock and Tree

The sun has been inhibited this afternoon and clouds saunter across its face, taking its attention from the surface of the earth and drawing it to closer things.
After a while it finally burns through the passersby and is left unbothered to crystallize and purify the dirt, lake, treetops, mountain.
I hesitate by a shallow, muddy pool and I reach out to you, who stands by the path.
My hand is around your slender body and the moment seems to develop slowly. Who are you? Cool and strong, it is as though your life has flown into my fingertips and I can barely let go. It's a fresh taste in my mouth.
Later while climbing I refuse to be stunted by the terrain. I clammer ahead. The sun continues to light but the wind is jealous and tears away the heat from all smaller beings. It whips and controls and my body fights to maintain some sort of balance. In descent the earth is loose and shifting, and I reach down to find a hold. Again my breath is taken by your warm touch, sharp and muted, only changed by the the astronomic forces of this planet.
My hand spreads flat and I hope to take you by osmosis and have you flowing in my blood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home