Friday, December 28, 2007

This is an old story...

It was three years ago exactly when I couldn't wait to see your face
We would walk counter clockwise around the vicinity of the stark white walls
Just so, following the mid-lunch jaunt and party crew, I could pass your table
And perhaps catch a glance

I actually prayed to God that you would talk to me
Looking back, I'm glad I experienced such juvenile desperation, if only for the story
You weren't particularly attractive in the physical sense
But you pulled me in with everything else,
Or at least with the little that I knew

I remember the day you smiled at me
And all doubt was appeased, I was truly in love
I'm fairly sure that's also the day I forgot about you
Not to think about capturing your attention ever again

It's been twice since those days that I've seen you
And each time my heart has leaped into my throat
"I thought you were in some other country never to come back??"
Not this (unbeknownst) sweetheart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home