Thursday, December 27, 2007

In The Keys

Once I walked about streets in Key Largo
Below unkempt branches, on shell encrusted sidewalks
I glimpsed the ocean through open air garages
Of pastel beach houses

My feet were bare because it felt appropriate
Caught between stones and yellow painted lines
I breached between sand blown astray and stiff grass

It was everything I hoped it would be
Earlier on when I awoke to the breeze through the screen
The sun high against the retreating tide
All this brown and rinkled skin

Dark, large sunglasses
I am free as a bird
The most beautiful person on this whole entire earth
Imagining what it could be like to live here
And what the people feel

Simple thoughts sweep along in the Keys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home