Monday, August 13, 2007

No No No, This Is Not What I Want

All that is blocked out in her eyes
Leaves me to wonder
Where is the truth in a pool so shallow
There's a vacancy sign, hung on the locks

And here in the mine fields
We're praying for the same thing
I just want decency, whether that comes in the form of a lack of depth
Or not, it's just what I want

Laboured breathing
Harboured thought
Reeling for miles
Stormed and distraught

I just want simplicity
A character without consistancy
Because that seems to erase the futility that always arises
When I am clearly less than expected

But yet, to this day, I can't escape it
This sort of complexity firmly rooted in my body and soul
Since the day I was born I was someone with a purpose
And still I can't outgrow it to a faker life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home