Monday, May 21, 2007

Oh Boy

So I will collect all the dust that falls from the sky
And drink in all the glances that I catch here and there
Nothing is definite
But everything is underway
That just seems to be the time and the place
And though I may not have a face or a name to put it to
I have a heart and as much as I may try
It's still out on my sleeve or the table or the floor
And I have a voice with which I can cry
Or shout or sing or scream or remind those have how greatly I have failed
And have chosen to get up on broken stilts and try to reach a little higher
I know some think I am foolish
I have counted you all apart
But somewhere deep inside something keeps telling me you'd be missing out
And that's consolation enough as I try to tear myself away
I can turn the world upside down with my words sometimes
And so softly that it may not even feel the disarray
And as it's trying to put itself back together from the confusion and chaos
It is still smiling at me sweetly like I did nothing at all
So count all these things, I hope on more than one hand
And I'll still love and laugh, and attempt to be on guard
I have nothing to fear, I know this, because it is Him that I serve
So if you see me humming, it is a breathless melody
There are no more count downs, merely passages day by day
Where am I going, He will direct me

Help me not be afraid
Hold out hope
Keep me strong
And protect my heart like only You can do

Because I am ready to throw it out on the freaking highway

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM , Blogger Lilium Inter Spinius said...

great perspective, its awesome

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home