Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ache

I came very near to quitting
God I know I can't do that
It is in me, I know it is in me
But I can barely see its light
Whatever passions you've infused me with
Have become muddled and faint
I know they're there but God, my entire being feels so flat
I see and smell the joy surrounding me
I know it IS
But it doesn't seem to get past my skin
I'm like a globe surrounded by beautiful things
But inside is empty and sparse
I want to taste this life God
I want to drink it down so it fills my veins
And pulses through my body
But it feels like every inlet is closed
And I'm stranded in the middle

God I know I am not stranded
I know you are holding me to you
And I am directly in your hands
I trust
I trust
I trust you know
And that above all gives me peace finally

So please make me real again
Not wooden and cold
I don't want saddness to be a regularity anymore
I've gotten used to my consistent crying
Thinking that's just how it'll be
But God I can't live with that
I need contentment and joy again
I need it to be in me
And apart of me
It is you...and everything I am is who you are
So please let me breathe it again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home