Wednesday, July 19, 2006

STARTED AS A Really Crappy Poem About My Life At The Moment FINISHED AS Cry To God

I have all these words in my head
These songs in my soul
All this love built up
With nowhere to go
I'm sleep deprived
And underpaid
I'm doubtfull of compliments
And so, so afraid
I can't take crowds
They make me small
I can take sarcasm
I'm always prepared for the fall
I almost always hold back
When I want to give in
I just want to flow on
But it's too late to begin
I'm working hard for something
I can't wait til it's done
I'm moving on from nothing
And it's ruining my heart



But God help me now
All my mistakes
All my life dreams
All my fears
Oh God I'm afraid
And absolutely thrilled
There's a tiny piece that's breaking
But you are in control
God I live my life for you
I take my steps for you
Please hold me together
Even the fly-aways
The things I don't know God
Don't understand
Your timing
Your plan
I live in a beautiful world
I want to drink it all in
Immersed in the creation
So completely absorbed

But here in these moments
When I take a step back
When it's dark and quiet
And I'm not fully awake
When my thouhts are confused
With shadows on the walls
Take those too God
I need you there too

I need you for energy
For strength and a smile
I'm just a young girl
Sometimes out of control
Sometimes I don't want to love
I don't want to show your love
Or I do but it's too hard
I just want to walk away
I need you then
I need you when I'm foolish
And that's a lot
Most of the time
I need you to whisper
Tell me secrets of life
Give me truth and wisdom
I need you then
I need you when I'm happy
To celebrate with you
To give thanks and joy to you
To just see you
I need you to keep me safe
When I'm overwhelmed
I need you to care for my heart
Because I sure can't
I especially need you then
It's the hardest part
I need you God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home