Saturday, June 17, 2006

Some Sort of Fairy Tale-Lullaby

Open your window
Climb down your bedpost
I'm not much of a story teller
But you can take a look

Happy ever after
Was a once upon a time gig
But I'm trying

I don't know
What the word will do
But I'll see what I can tell you

And in those moments
Where you get lost in your own head
Just remember
I will be your side
When your crying in your bed
I will be here, I will be here

And when your rose-coloured glasses
Fall off
I will put them back on you

And when all you can see
Is grey
I will show you black from white

Remember how you used to pretend
You were a princess
I will make sure you always know
You are

Open your eyes
I wont always be here
I'm sorry I didn't tell you
I loved you, more often
You are worth it

And did they tell you you looked like me?
Did, did they tell you who you'd be?
Don't, don't listen, they don't know
They can't imagine where you'll go
You're so much more than I could be
You're so much more, so much more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home