Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stance

"This is where I have always been coming to. Since my time began. And when I go away from here, this will be the mid-point, to which everything ran, before, and from which everything will run. But now, my love, we are here, we are now, and those other times are running elsewhere"

-The best thing I've read in "The Time Traveller's Wife" yet is in fact a quote from A.S. Byatt.


Because I stand on the stone, above the landslide
I watch it fall and tumble and wash like water
The embittered, jagged flow
And I am not afraid
I am staring at the sun
I can sense the entirety, around me
The great lonesomeness which I dwell upon
Sandstone cliffs
The Great Burnt Solitary Lift

And I can truly feel here
Everything is taken
In through my left palm,
The finished, unravelled end held in my right
I hold it calmly
Though the wind pulls the sand under my feet into the universe
I can't be moved
Only holding the things that capture my heart
Or labour my breathing
Whether to keep or set free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home