Monday, October 05, 2009

Letter to the Constellations

Sitting in a break room
Writing to the stars:

"Dear (Andromeda, Capricornus, Pegasus, Ursa...)
I've been watching you for a while
Studying the way you move
Sometimes it lulls me to sleep
Sometimes it keeps my spirit riveted
I've chosen to follow you to the ends of the earth
In days past I've realized I can't live without you
I keep looking up
The daylight is painful
Your absence etches itself across my heart,
I see it written there, silver scars
Everybody reminds me that you're always there
But I can't stand not being able to see you for hours on end
Laying in some grassy plain, or craning my neck to find you in the city
I'm coming to find you soon,
Dear,
I'm coming to find you soon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home