Monday, June 08, 2009

Whoa Now

Okay
This is what I look like: draped over the steering wheel
Laughing at street lights and sighing at the moon
I turned the music up and taught everyone how to dance

I keep reminding my mother that I wasn't influenced by high school
When I was in high school
So I'm living the dream now
A fanciful twenty

So
This is what I feel like: a bucket full of air
Scooped right out of the sky and breezing through the doorways
A million stars don't seem to mean a thing, and they mean everything

And there has always been something about summer that changes my way of life
A switch flips and my brain faulters and my heart gives itself up
Late at night I quietly dwell on foolishness
But in the sunshine I revel in it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home