Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh, Winter Speaks

Mary, Mary.
Quite contrary.

You feel the snow crunch and you listen closer to what it speaks
Every step brings you deeper into conversation
Lost to the outside world

I feel the sun, oh lovely, it is my sensuality
It touches my skin and I reflect it to the universe
I feel the cold and it makes me feel alive
I was born in the North, it is my heart language
I feel the wind and it wraps itself about my body
It blows my hair and curves my spirit
I feel the earth
And I hold it close to me until spring
I feel you
You are my every waking moment

Mary, Mary.
Sinks into the drift.

You've learnt how to turn your ear to the ground
Holding your breath for what it says next
Every bit a part of the outside world

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home