Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ghosts of Christmas Past

Do you remember
When you first left
How we said
This wasn't working
And you couldn't
Stop
Kissing me
In the staircase
And I couldn't
Stop
Crying
Through the kisses

At some point
We had to stop
Touching each other's lips
With our own
It wasn't letting
Us part
And finally
We did
I remember
The loss
Of not having you near
This is Christmas
After all
But you
Have put
Your foot
Down

Did you ever feel
That confusion
Of why
You had to resist
Talking to me?

Do you remember
When you first left
And there were
Too many miles
To even try
And make something
Of this
I thought maybe
In a young mind
You might see
This season
As magic
But instead
I ate dinner alone
And couldn't say anything
Even after thoughts
Upon thoughts
Upon questions
After questions
Why did you
Leave me
Here
Alone

I wonder if
Your feelings
Were just spontaneous
To help you
Feel successful
As you drove away
Did you
At least
Thank me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home