Saturday, September 15, 2007

Holy...

Writing my way through whatever this night throws
Sickness and flowers
All over this shifting stage
Like walking off an elevator
With the ground all afloat
I wish I wasn't so motion inept
What do you do when all the words dry up?
Just watch the barreness beneath your feet slowly crack and crumble
We glance one last time at eachother
A helpless hopelessness there
I'm citing other people now
Flies on the wall
I wish you didn't have to go
But it's gone cold, it's gone cold
I break all the rules tonight
Flirting with flirtations
Coming much closer then I ought
Slipping drugs into your drink
Pouring it all out into the sink
Is it emotional instability or passion and art?
I wish I didn't have to feel
Numb myself up and rock myself back
I hate saying it's strength I lack
Or that my eyes have an accessive amount of tears
Or that I have an insatiable need for adventure, and to love
Because that's just unreal
You're fake and untrue!
What in the world do you think my world is coming to??
A fine point to be defined? Don't say those things to me!
Don't tell me you're disappointed because I'm not who you want me to be!
I say words don't hurt me, but you've thrown my heart on the rocks
With that one little phrase you've completely torn me apart
I'm not right
I'm wrong
Well I knew that all along
So don't you dare say it first
Now I'm tired and angry and erratic and hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home