Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Brilliance

Don't let me fall into the workless grave
Of the hopelessly rich and famous
Don't let me live a life without love
I don't think I could live very long

Don't ever let me start being someone
I am not very certain I am
Don't let me fall into powerlessness
I am something, with something to offer

So crush me if I stand
At the top of a mountain, yelling my stories to no one
It is useless, my treasures are crumbling to nothing before me
But hold me by the hand
And tell me you love me, I live for your glory
And if I could just get a taste, of the beauty that's coming
O Lord I am running to you

Let me collapse if I'm foolishly jumping
Trying to reach something I will regret
Whisper it softly or with crashing drums
"girl, you don't know much"

And when I finally see your light
Please shine so bright I see nothing else
Staggered by your brilliance and humbled by your truth
Oh Lord, I see you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home