Sunday, September 10, 2006

Miles and Miles

Step over your garden wall
Burry petals in the earth
Find treasure in a pile of stone
Grow life in the dirt
Give your riches to a shipwrecked man
Don't tell him where you found them
Burn your feet in this barren land
Far far from your home

You will walk these miles alone
You will be hungry, tired and cold
I will try and clear your way
But you will walk these miles alone


Bear fruit for the dessert sand
And feel nothing but the birth
Walk away with your head hung low
You still havn't found the truth
Feel the wood with your bony hands
Standing here for so many years
Look inside your own body now
It blisters and it fails

I will not stand back and watch you fly away
You are something else but I am not afraid
You are powerful, brilliant, a fighting match for me
I will walk these miles with you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home