Monday, September 04, 2006

Wide Open

You walked over mountains and met me at the shore
You said you were breathless so I tried to give you more
How could a sad girl ever fill you up
You will never see into these black eyes

I will open your mouth and look for the disease
And when I find it I will suck it into me
You will no longer carry your pain
Your loss is my gain

You dug us a hole and we sat inside
When there's nothing else to do we run and hide
I am useless like an old machine
You wipe the broken face clean

You will open my mouth and look for treasure
And when you say it's safe I will spit it out
And people will see
The monster living beneath the beauty

4 Comments:

At 6:47 PM , Blogger Josh said...

hey alex

this poem didn't make sense to me...maybe it was because I am tired...dangit school...or maybe its just brilliant writing...or possibly both...hope everything is going alright for you down there...we miss you up here...I have decided that I will be praying for you.

so ya back to the poem, my favorite line was, "You dug us a hole and we sat inside" I just think it sounds cool.

keepin the cheese,
josh

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Josh said...

hey alex

this poem didn't make sense to me...maybe it was because I am tired...dangit school...or maybe its just brilliant writing...or possibly both...hope everything is going alright for you down there...we miss you up here...I have decided that I will be praying for you.

so ya back to the poem, my favorite line was, "You dug us a hole and we sat inside" I just think it sounds cool.

keepin the cheese,
josh

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Josh said...

oops...I said things twice...it proves that I was tired...mays well make it three

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Josh said...

I am a geek

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home