Monday, August 14, 2006

Not Much For The Imagination

The sun seeps into my skin
I am kissed from above
I am grasping the breeze
Like for a gasp of air
My hands are weak
I can't hold on to it
Refusing to talk because that's what I seem to do these days
Nothing to say
Nothing surface level at least
Refusing to let it out
These tears or anything
Because I feel too scattered to stay with one emotion
And then
Finally calm
On a green evening
Little questions just to make it last longer
Finally I wont hide it or lie
Behind my words or flourished descriptions
I feel a bit safer with your arm around my shoulders
And figuring out things in my head
I'm really not creative when I have something meaningful to say
Or explain
I kind of just stutter away
But here in my words
I'll be honest and true

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home