Monday, July 31, 2006

No More Electricity!!

Stepping around the wreckage
Broken glass slung across the slats
I left one out for you to step on
One for you to forget your pain on
The dirt still scattered and blowing away
Their seeds had fallen on a trail of stone
Their house overturned
Where could they go
I stood it upright and gave them food
And stood upon the grass
The wind still chilled
And clouds on clouds of grey blue mass
Then a second
The earth paused, as with my life
And an orange winged creature settled on the lawn
Oh beauty, oh sunshine, oh where do you go
I'm thinking so much I need you much nearer
As I realize the grey isn't getting any clearer
The pause and the light they fill my mind
No more electricity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home