Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Teacher and The Taught

Dear teacher, can you tell me
What will I see
Is it silver, gold and diamonds
Or a home by the sea
Will he love me, will he hurt me
Will he leave me alone
Dear teacher, I am asking
Will I find my own

Dear teacher, can you keep me
From the land of the dead
All I ask for is some sunshine
And a place to lay my head
Just a simply melody
Will last me through the night
Dear teacher will things be alright

Have you heard all they say
Are you crying as they walk away
Is it an empty world I fight for
Is this a burden or your hand on my shoulder

And even in the darkest night
I will open my eyes and I will see
Through the casting shadows and breaking sighs
I will not be divided

Dear mother, can you see me
As I walk across the screen
Dear father, are you praying
For a life to be concieved
All those lines in your reflection
Not just for laughters sake
Can you tell me what keeps you awake

Dear children, hear the stories
That the faceless sings to you
Hide your precious books and poets
With the rest they'll be consumed
And if they ask you for your treasures
Hang your head and turn away
There's no use being afraid


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home