Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Story of Sally and the Mice

One Sunday morning
At her wooden dining table
Sat little Sally Mason
For her breakfast

A mouse scurried by
And it gave a little, 'hi'
So Sally said in reply,
"How ya doing?"

They had quite a conversation
Sally left in elation
To have met the whole mouse family
And their neighbours

So she ran to the adults
(Who were having adult parties)
And told them of their guests
Just in the kitchen

Oh what a friend I have made today!
Some are young and some are grey
I'd really quite like it if they could stay
Oh what a friend I have made today.

All of the people
They returned to their houses
And they asked all the mouses
To leave them

So all of those mouses
They packed up their bags
And they scurried on a journey
To a free land

All the family
Couldn't believe the eviction
They were mad with conviction
That they were wronged

So all of those mouses
Marched right back to those houses
And yelled at the humans
For their mice-rights

Oh what a friend I have made today
They know what's right and wrong and they say it that way
Not everyone agrees, but I believe
That if our places switched they would be friends with me

Well the adults wouldn't listen
But Sally opened up her door
And told them what's mine is yours
Come on over

In their brand new bedroom living
They feel quite alive and free
With their friend Sally
Forever

Oh what a friend I have made today!
Not everybody loves them, but I still say
That I'd quite like them to stay
Oh what a friend I have made today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home