Saturday, April 07, 2007

Oh

Don't take me down with your lies
I know you don't have any power at all
But a simple moment of weakness tears me up inside
And I'm bruised and wounded
And your repeted and relentless battery causes the scars to stockpile
I don't want to listen to you anymore
I don't want to hear your whispers of cruelty
I become ugly inside and out
It's not true, I could scream it
In my heart I know it's not true
In a vague recollection I try to fight you on this
But in my mind I am succeptable
And my defenses so easily break

Oh God help me now
He's coming at me again
And I am so weak
God I am so fragile to the core
I believe him
It makes me weep
Take it out of me God
These scars have covered me again
I don't know if I can even see myself anymore
Hide me please
Keep me free of him
Cover my ears from his threats
They are so hurtfull and grotesque

I am so needy of your affirmation
I beg to be beautiful
God it's such a heartache
It's so heavy on my soul
I don't want to be so captivated by my own shortfalls
So entranced by all those lies
God please hold me
I am so weak

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM , Blogger Josh said...

Honesty is beautiful. Well written Alex...it will be cool when you come back. I pray that you will feel God holding you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home