Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Filth...Us

Here is my discontent
My deep consuming ache the drives my heart to belief
That those pockets of money and material things
Are ripped and dirty
Falling and pouring out into the emptiness of space

Wealth is contamination

I am floored by the deepness of the children's eyes
Who stand decrepit in their young age
Some hardened, overwhelmed by the pain and severity they face
And their tears will fall unnoticed

And I can't help but question your morality

So when they are sent away and sold
Beaten and raped
Bloated with starvation and debilitated from lack of anything good
Their body inside and out is soiled with the quality of what they have
They stand alone in masses of the dead
And live in area's run dry of love

We have not got it
This is not what we are supposed to do
We are wrong and sick with greed

We are not supposed to live comfertably

When you feel discontent that is the baggage you must carry
These things wont fill you, they are damaging and corrupt
I pray for a violent outrage of shame and regret
This world is tilted wrong
And we are falling into pits of leftovers and filth

And I don't want to be standing up right any longer

I want to be on my knees

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home