Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dear Old Friends

I don't know how ready I am
When you're drunk and stoned all the time
When you have the same face
Just more unkept

I feel like a different person you know
With my plans and dreams
I still look like I was young
Just a bit prettier that's all

I look at those photos and time stand still
Those days and those months
You said it yourself, that was all
Just the same thing day after day

Maybe I would have liked to sit in with you
Those times where nothing changes
You know what's going to happen, and with who
How comfertable

On the old couch in the unfinished basement
With your rock music and your long hair
With your late nights passed out
The same old same with you

I miss it you know...
That consistancy
Back where we started
We've known everyone since elementary

But everyone was so good then
I remember when it was just safe
And now you all look so different
Not quite in the apparent ways

And I feel like I've moved ahead
I feel like I'm watching you, stuck
Had I stayed would I have been stuck too?
Would I have been happy?

I'm happy to see you
But I don't know how ready I am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home